Monday, December 22, 2008

Noodle House Ken

This is a must-go ramen place.

Always go there if I had strong desire for authentic ramen. The boss is Japanese, and I heard that he settled down in Singapore around a decade ago. You can see his picture on the menu.


The essentials to go with your ramen...

This place is famous for their char siew & stewed-boiled egg ramen. The ramen is cooked in a just nice texture rested in rich broth with no MSG. With this combination, it can even chase away my cold if I had one. I always finished the soup till the last drop! =)
They used to serve very good Katsu Curry rice, it’s a waste that they discontinued it 2 years back…


Stewed-boiled egg ramen



Take note of the yolk, it should be wet..

Another must have is their Gyoza ($5) which served piping hot, skin was crisp evenly on one side and very, very, very thin. However, I felt that it’s a bit bland but it goes well with the vinegar.



Overall, I feel that the atmosphere is cosy (as usual) and it lets you have that feel of old style ramen shops along the street of Japan. Price for a bowl of ramen is about $10-$12. People will tend to compare Ken Noodle with Marutama (Centr@l), I still prefer Ken Noodle as the broth is not that oily and price are more affordable.



Noodle House Ken
150 Orchard Road #01-17/18 Orchard Plaza
6235 5540
Weekdays: 12pm-2pm, 6pm-2am
Sat: 12pm-3pm, 6pm-2am

2 comments: